Sunday, July 22, 2012

Turitea Walkway- home again

Despite my recent posts with photos from overseas, I am actually 'home' again..... and this morning I took a walk along the Turitea Walkway. Top photo shows a view across to the northern end of the Tararua ranges in behind Palmerston North.

 And on the pond at the Old West Rd end of the walkway, there were some young pukeko, as well as this pair of ducks that seem to be all ready for springtime.

I realised when I walked the track that I have rarely chosen to walk this route in winter: I'm not used to seeing the view through the bareness of winter trees.

I met lots of others out walking, all smiling and saying "Good morning!". I have thought before that the happiest people in Palmy often seem to be those on the Turitea Walkway on a Sunday morning!

1 comment:

  1. Walkers are always nice people! Great to see photos of NZ in between those of Paris.

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete